Some keys points I have been reminded off just recently…
- The importance of doing a few things well versus many things poorly. We seem to live in a world that values busyness where more is better. My challenge to you is to let some of it go.
- Have some structure in your day or week – blocks of time that are scheduled regularly for activities that are really important to you e.g an inspirational group, yoga, dancing, work.
- Become aware of the activities that energise you and those that drain you. You may discover that something energises you for half an hour and then starts to to deplete you. Use this knowledge to decide how you want to structure your time.
- Balance the structure with what I call white space in the calender where nothing is scheduled, free time to follow your intuition, to pause and reflect, to be still. Sometimes you may need lots of white space, sometimes you will need less, so learning how to recognise the signs and to be flexible is crucial.
- Focus on completing and clearing commitments – a form of decluttering which clears the space for new passions to come into your life.
Post any thoughts or ideas that work for you so we can all continue to learn new ways to manage our time.