It’s been a long time between blogs over the last few years as I have wanted to post only when I feel I have something of value to share. It breaks all the rules of marketing and yet it is something that has been really important to me.
Well today I feel really excited, and nervous, as my work has developed further and I am ready to share some of the experiences, tools and resources that have supported me through times of change and challenges over these last few years.
I’m excited to introduce my latest event – a Workshop on Managing Stress. Everyone goes through periods of turmoil in their lives. No-one escapes this, no matter how together they may look on the outside. And we all need support at these times. So this is the purpose of the workshop, and indeed the ongoing Focus Groups – to provide the information, tools and resources that can increase your resilience to deal with life’s up’s and down’s, as you navigate your way through your daily life.
So why not take a few hours out before the Christmas rush kicks in and join me for some breathing space and inspiration so you can make the most of the coming month.
Date: Saturday 29th November 14
Time: 2.00 – 5.00 pm
Venue: Wesley Room, St Mark’s Church,
58 Woburn Rd, Lower Hutt
Cost: $45 per person
Confirm your place now by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you can’t make the workshop you can also schedule some one to one sessions for personalized support.
I was reminded this morning as I was getting dressed how important it is to take the time to find what fits best for me in any situation. I have a very clear intention of allowing myself to feel really good in the clothes that I wear and this was the benchmark I was using as I decided what to wear today. I had the time and space to play this morning as I tried on a few different combinations. I could feel my frustration as I put some items together and found that they just didn’t look right. The thought flitted across my mind that what I had on would do backed up with with a few other negative thoughts about myself as well.
However I persisted and decided to try something else on (3 times!!!) and then I nailed it – I had the outfit that fitted. I felt comfortable, it made me feel good about myself and it was fun – bright and colourful which how I wanted to feel today. And, of course, now I know that I can wear these items together in future and will feel confident and relaxed in them which frees up my mental energy to focus on other more important stuff!
“So what?” you may be thinking … well, here is the learning for me. Life is like my experience this morning.
- We need to be willing to try different combinations or ways of doing things on (this means taking action!) until we find what fits us, what makes us feel good about ourselves. We need to be willing to make adjustments or to say no, that does not fit with what I need right now, and to let it go. This applies to how you live your life, who you choose to work with, how you create your environments to support your success – in fact with any decision that you need to make about how you want your life to be.
- We need to have a clear intention – what is the result you want to achieve – it may be something physical or it may be intangible as it was for me – a feeling or belief that I wanted to experience.
- I had the time and space physically and mentally to play and have some fun with this. Life can be so serious with our long to do lists – shorten the lists and allow yourself to create what I call white space in your diary and see what happens.
- Don’t settle for less – allow yourself to experience what it is you desire.
- Recognise what you already have that fits with what you desire – for me the clothes just needed to be arranged in a different way. Recognise what is already in your “wardrobe of life” that fits with how you want to be, eliminate the stuff that doesn’t fit and only then decide what needs to be added.
Hope this inspires you to find the learning’s in everyday experiences. I look forward to hearing your thoughts or comments.