I attended a Self Esteem Workshop at the Lower Hutt Women’s Centre last night. The Topic was Having the Courage to be Imperfect. I believe it is crucial that we have really good support networks around us when we are making any changes in our lives and I found this organisation to be a particularly useful resource as you explore who you are. As Julie, the facilitator, said “Self Esteem is ALL about your relationship with yourself”. I couldn’t agree more.
This workshop is just one of a series of 20 that have been running for many years now so check it out and see if it fits for you.
This is a list of the books that have been a big influence in my own personal growth and development.
- Heal Your Life – Louise L. Hay
- A New Earth. Create a Better Life – Eckhart Tolle
- Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway. How to turn your Fear and Indecision into Confidence and Action by Susan Jeffers
- Take Time for your Life. A seven Step programme for Creating the Life You Want by Cheryl Richardson
- Stand up for Your Life. A Practical Step-by-Step Plan to Build Inner Confidence and Personal Power by Cheryl Richardson
- The Artists Way. A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity by Julia Cameron
- Fierce Conversations. Achieving Success at Work and in Life, One Conversation at a Time by Susan Scott
- People Skills. How to assert yourself, listen to others and resolve conflicts by Robert Bolton
- Reflections in the Light. Daily thoughts and Affirmations by Shakti Gawain
- Successful but Something Missing. Daring to Enjoy Life to the Full by Ben Renshaw
Let me know if any of these have influenced you…