When you want to create change in your life it is not a good idea to start from a place of neediness or dissatisfaction.
This would seem to be a contradiction in terms when setting goals, however, along with setting your goal there must also be a level of acceptance for where you are right now. It can be very hard to come to terms with where you are now when it is causing you a lot of pain and consequently it is this part of creating change that people struggle with the most. This is where having the support of someone, such as a coach, who understands the process of creating change is really important.
It is how you handle the present moment that will dictate how difficult or easy it will be for you to create the change you desire and ultimately the success you are looking for in life.
Eckhart Tolle, author of A New Earth, suggests a great question to ask yourself regularly…” What is my relationship with the present moment?”
Give it a try – and when you discover any resistance to the present moment contact Heather to talk about how coaching can help eliminate this block.
Life can seem so fickle at times – no sooner are we feeling the amazement of our success as we stand in awe of what we have achieved – when Bang!! Right out of the blue something happens to shatter our bubble. More emotions and feelings come tumbling out to be healed.
And of course this is what our journey through life is all about. We decided what we wanted from life and only through experiencing the painful times can we become aware of the buried thoughts and beliefs that we need to let go of to achieve our chosen outcome.
So if you find yourself in a place of pain and confusion, just as you were thinking how well you were doing…
• Know that it is all happening perfectly
• Accept the emotions that have come up as an opportunity – be willing to become aware of the thoughts and beliefs that are underneath the emotions and to let them go because they no longer serve you.
• Use a journal to allow you to process the thoughts and feelings so that you can let them go more easily and quickly.
• Remember that feeling of success and wow -“Look what I have achieved!” that you have experienced in the past. As you continue to create your ideal life you will have more and more of these experiences to call on.
• Remind yourself of your outcome that you want to create – visualize what it will look and feel like when you finally get there, and let go of how it is going to happen.