It has always been hotly debated if affirmations really work or not and I have often questioned the use of them myself. Yet I do believe they are a very useful tool especially as a gauge of how clear your intention is and how you feel about it.
And I am definitely a very firm believer in setting an intention for everything you do in business or life. The clearer the picture is and the better you feel about it the more likely it is that you will achieve it.
What tends to happen in reality is that this picture can be murky or there will be an uncomfortable feeling as you think “how could I ever achieve this?” Whereas the idea is to have fun with the dream and just play with your imagination allowing yourself to really enjoy the experience of what it would be like once you have achieved your dream.
When you are in this place of playfulness and fun your affirmations will have a different feeling around them and will then become much more powerful for you.
- How do feel about affirmations?
- Create an affirmation and try it out – how do you feel as you say it?
- Do you need to revisit your intention and get clear on what you really want to achieve?
Keep playing with the intention until you start to get a good feeling as you say your affirmation. Then start saying it every day and see what happens. And remember, if you need some extra support with this call/text Heather on 0212 406 535 or Email email@example.com.
I have often found it a struggle to be content with where I am and what I have right now as I strive for where I want to be. We are encouraged to set our goals and to dream yet it can be so disheartening as this highlights everything that we don’t have in our lives instead!
So this week I made the decision to change this experience to something more positive.
I chose to focus totally for one day on the things in my life that I am grateful for right now. As I moved through my day I looked for all the things that I love in my life – everything I did or used was an opportunity to be grateful. Within a matter of hours I was feeling so much more resourceful because of all that was working so well for me and I was aware again of all the opportunities around me to keep me moving forward.
This has now given me the strength and the motivation to continue working on my dreams and goals. I am no longer discouraged before I even start.
So why don’t you give it a try?
- Focus for one day on everything that you love about your life and really enjoy and appreciate each and every one!!
- If this is difficult, focus on one area and ask yourself “What can I do today that will allow me to really love this part of my life?” And then be willing to take action.
Need some help with finding something to focus on? Call/ text Heather on 0212 406 535 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
To achieve goals and dreams that we have never achieved before we need to become aware of how we think, and the choice we have to think differently, so that our behavior and actions can then create the life we dream of.
As we move through these changes there will inevitably be pain, and our confidence may falter, as we stretch and grow beyond what we thought was possible. Subconsciously we hold on tightly to some of our beliefs and patterns, even though they no longer serve us well. It can be very hard to let go because they are so much a part of us and there can be a huge fear of the unknown – who will we become when we let this belief go. Will we still be loved by our family and friends as we start to behave differently?
So, here are some ideas to support you through these difficult times…
- Know that you are in charge of your life – you can choose to make the changes at a rate that you are comfortable with.
- Become aware of the thoughts and beliefs that come up as you make changes in your life. Take some quiet time to journal or review what is happening and how you feel.
- Take extra good care of yourself – arrange some quiet time to rest, eat healthy food, take some gentle exercise, and get some fresh air.
- Reach out for extra support if you need it from a counselor, a coach or a very good friend who is willing to listen.
And remember, whatever happens in your life, you can handle it!!