This blog post for a previous event I held in November 2011, when I was running my Inspirations Cafes, has just been resent out of the blue to my subscribers. So even though it has been and gone the theme is very relevant to my new program, called 7 Steps to Transform your Life, that starts on Monday 20th May 2013
I am still really curious about different ways of approaching how we live our lives on a day to day basis. There are many different ways which can be adapted depending on what you truly want to achieve from your life. The approach we choose will also change depending on what stage of life we find ourselves in – whether we are single, in a relationship, have a young family, a grown up and independent family, or whether we are retired. There are many variables and many options.
And the bottom line still is that our life is a reflection of what we choose to do with each new day we are given, and the choices we make around what we do with our time.
So to all those amazing people out there who are ready to transform their lives by marching to their own internal drum beat come and join me for some extra support and inspiration on the next 7 Steps to Transform your Life course…
Call me on 0212 4063 535 or email me – email@example.com to confirm your place now.
The theme for the Inspirations Cafe and Community Call was Letting go of the “shoulds” – where do “shoulds” show up in your life?
Here are some thoughts and solutions that where shared…
- Awareness is always the key – recognise the discomfort that usually precedes something that we feel we “should” be doing. Pause and take note of what is going on so it can be addressed.
- Change the word – use “could” instead of “should” – it opens up more choice/ options
- Learn assertiveness skills – learn to say no, ask for what you want instead or check in with your heart on what needs to be done in any situation.
- Ask “how can I make this something I want to do?” If you can’t turn it around then let it go.
- Check in whose responsibility is this? Is it really mine?
- Give yourself permission to do what you want to do right now – sometimes this will include doing the “shoulds” until you can figure out a way to let them go. Or it may mean doing nothing until you feel you are ready to deal with it.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to learn – when we have something we feel we “should” do look at what the resistance is really all about.
- Experiment with different approaches until you find one that is right for you. Check out my Sept 2010 blogs – “Allow yourself to find what fits” and “I have a right“
- Become aware of different approaches to doing things generally e.g. different business models. I came across a different approach at a business development centre in Northern Ireland for supporting women in business and job share positions, which was once a new concept, is now becoming more common in our workplace.
- We need to develop more flexibility,especially when we have all or nothing/ black and white thinking.
Please add any other thoughts or comments you may have on this topic. I look forward to connecting with you all again at the next Inspirations Cafe or Community Call. Make sure you subscribe to receive the theme when it is released.