As mentioned in my previous blog I have started to work with closed lists each day to become really aware of what a day’s work looks like. This allows me to actually see if I am being realistic with my work load or not.
- Current Initiative – the project I have selected to focus on until it is complete. ( This can be used to clear any back log when I get behind as well).
- Writing on my blog, 3 times per week.
- Emails from yesterday which I flag for follow up in Outlook.
- Voice messages from yesterday, requests from anyone.
- Paper work – letters, receipts, record keeping etc that arrived yesterday.
- Task Diary – these are any tasks I have collected the previous day to think about or action
- End of Day I review my next days list and close it off.
Here is a summary of the closed list that I work with daily, in the order that seems to work well for me right now.
This process is taken from Do It Tomorrow by Mark Forster – check out his website at www.markforster.net for more information.
For support in creating a new way to manage your time and work load email Heather or call/ text 0212 406 535 to arrange a time to talk.